2016年11月30日 星期三

Scottish school visits

It was the first time I went into an IB classroom. The class size was small and teachers could provide students with  more individualised feedback. The learning dynamics are very strong in the Edinburgh classrooms as well. I see something similar in both Hong Kong and Edinburgh---the passion of teaching and learning. Students were highly engaged and created their own notes!

I was amazed and surprised by the interactive whiteboard at James Gillespie’s High School. I want to have one in my homeroom!!! I was so into the Gaelic (the indigenous language in Scotland) lesson there! It is the only high school in Edinburgh offering this language subject! It is a cultural treasure. Chiefly Scottish!



Moreover, I saw something exciting when I observed Mathematics lesson in George Watson’s College. It is the micro-computer! We had a very good time there and met the Principal of the College.



Last night, I joined some boys to go to the bowling place! We had very good chats and enjoyed our meal at Nando's! After that, I visited one of the host families. The host mum was a Hong Konger and she was a teacher in Hong Kong! 



Last but not least, I grasped every chance to learn some Scottish English. I hope you don’t treat me as a “blether” :p

Mr. To, Law Ting Pong Secondary School

沒有留言:

張貼留言